Monday, July 12, 2010

Flashback: Coloring

For the past couple of weeks, I've been having this nostalgic urge to grip crayons in my hand, smell the smell of melting wax, and get my color on. A few weeks back I emailed my roomie:

I am on a quest for a coloring book. I'm thinking 64 crayons isn't even enough colors for my level of aptitude.

She asked if I was "stroking out," but then when I finally hit the grocery store and bought a coloring book/96 crayons (with the sharpener in back), and sat down at the table to get my color on, who dropped everything they were doing to join in?

Yup.

Coloring encourages long rambling mindless stories, so she started talking about how there was this 22-year-old girl at the hospital (my roomie's a cardiac unit nurse) who was addicted to intravenous drugs. Without getting into the details (see, I'm not coloring right now, so brevity is the move) the story ended with, "what was the point? Oh, right... she brought in all these coloring books with her to the hospital."

What.

Also? Coloring gets kind of "mad boring." Like, as soon as I started a page, I wanted to quit and then start another. Apparently that is not a phase you grow out of.

Also? I really want that Gangsta Rap coloring book. I think Eazy-E's lip would make for some fun coloring/shading.

I'm seeing burnt sienna/apricot/mulberry/raw umber/???

No comments:

Post a Comment