Monday, June 7, 2010

Humidity > Hair

From May until about September, my hair and I are not friends. Maryland summers are the stickiest, and my hair is always out of control.

I found this on Flickr today and laughed when I saw it -- it's me, this time last year (we'll just pretend the picture, like my hair, is fuzzy on account of the humidity):



This year? I have about a third of the hair I did then, and it takes me about a third of the time to fix it. About oh, 3 minutes. And I have a secret weapon:



That would be the Rochefort Chapeau, pattern courtesy of the Purl Bee. I knit it in two skeins of Blue Sky Alpacas Skinny Cotton.

And those glasses? Warby Parker's Huxley. I love them, but they make me want to grow a bigger nose with which to hold them up. Until then, I'll be Urkel-ing it up/pushing them up on my face compulsively.

No comments:

Post a Comment